Friday, July 19, 2013

If it feels wrong, don't do it!







I like the steps so much on 12 steps to self care (see previous post) that I think each one requires reflection. My goal is to take each one, reflect a little on its essence then share my perception with you.
Feel free to post your reflections in the comment section!


1. If it feels wrong, don't do it

Seems like common sense doesn't it?  When I examine some past choices, there have been times when I've felt the nudge of my "gut" suggesting I think again. It's not that I didn't "feel" the suggestion but I simply chose to ignore it. The funny thing about those "gut feelings" for me is that they are usually subtle enough for me to write them off as something else. Perhaps I'm just fearful, maybe tired or anxious about something. I'm not talking about the blatant  RIGHT or WRONG decision that my conscience keeps guard over. It is usually something that someone else thinks I should do! Red Flag!!

I try to balance stepping out of my comfort zone with "is this really a good thing to do?" Most of it is learning to read the clues my body sends me constantly. A great resource about "gut feelings" is Heart Math by Doc Childre. According to Gail Harris, Heart Math takes information from the body and "translates it into simple tools that focus on teaching us how to listen to, and follow, the intuitive information of the heart. We can learn how to better make decisions, and to use the power of the heart to manage the mind and emotions."

Intuition, gut feelings... both great resources we have at our disposal any time!






No comments:

Post a Comment