Sunday, July 21, 2013

Say Exactly What You Mean










2. Say exactly what you mean


Hmmm... Upon reflection, this may be one of the hardest ones for me. Sometimes I'm in a situation that I simply don't know what I mean to say. In those moments it is most productive to say nothing. An interesting exercise (if you have the luxury of time) is to go a full day saying nothing or as little as possible. Of course, you should tell people you are conducting an exercise or it may be almost impossible to complete this task. When you are aware of the power of words, it can help you be more mindful of what you DO say. Another great reminder of the same thing is, "Say what you mean, and mean what you say but don't say it mean." I would add the oldie but goodie, "If you can't say anything nice, don't say it." I would rather add compassion and OPTIMISM to the world with my words than negativity.
JUST SAYIN!



     Raise your words, not your voice. 
     It is rain that grows flowers,
     Not thunder.
    
       -Rumi




No comments:

Post a Comment