Saturday, January 19, 2013

The Mystic Path to Cosmic Power

If you have been visiting this blog you have probably noticed that I love quotes. Somehow they summarize for me big ideas that can be reminders of a truth in a few words. I picked up a book several years ago that I read from at least once a week; The Mystic Path to Cosmic Power by Vernon Howard. I have never read it in its entirety but it is one of those books that I can open at any page and glean something interesting. I was sharing this book with a group of like-minded friends and opened it at random. The idea imparted was not a short quote but several thoughts suggesting that self discovery is the way to true happiness. One friend hoped I would put it on my blog so here it is!

     Change yourself, rather than working to change others.
     Place the inner man in control of the outer.
     Abandon the false before seeking the true.
     Be loving and you will be loved.
     Attend to the reason why you felt hurt, not to those who hurt you.
     Set inner integrity before good works.
     Place thinking before speaking.
     Be a real person, then a social person.
     Understand yourself, then try to know others.
     Set self-awareness before self-gratification.
     Destroy negative attitudes, not negative conditions.
     Place small efforts before great determinations.


                                                  


For me, these 12 statements warrant further investigation. I may try to choose one to focus on weekly. (It may take more than a week to gain insight but flexibility is the key to any spiritual undertaking!) Happy Hunting!

For more information on Vernon Howard visit www.anewlife.org






No comments:

Post a Comment