Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Brussel Sprout greens Oh My!

I am a late comer to the greens fan club. They were never a part of my "veggie" plate until recently. Fortunately, I have had the pleasure of dining on delicious mustard, collard and turnip greens but my "hands-down" favorite is Brussel Sprout greens. I didn't even know what brussel sprouts looked like except wrapped in cellophane in the grocery store. When I saw the brussel sprout stalk I fell in love with the awkward looking vegetable. I have already posted a recipe for even the most stringent naysayers of the brussel sprout. This easy recipe of  brussel sprouts roasted in olive oil and balsamic vinegar might just move someone to try the maligned veggie.  The real treat is the top or greens! Not kidding... buttery, and delicious!



 


     



Brussel Sprout Greens

Wash and separate greens from thick stalk. Tear into bite size pieces.  Cook 3 pieces of bacon until just brown in pot you will use to cook greens.  Add greens, stir to coat. Add 1 Cup chicken broth. Simmer until tender. Make sure you check liquid level as greens are cooking.  Enjoy !!


                                                                                                                       

1 comment: