Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Random Acts of Kindness








I read somewhere that this week is designated as "Random Acts of Kindness" week. The challenge is to practice a random act of kindness daily. It is fun to think of little things that may make someone's day a little brighter because of YOUR act of kindness.  I've been noticing little things this week that have made me feel lighter. I went into a convenience store in search of some Advil for a headache I couldn't shake and as I handed the clerk my money he said, "I hope you feel better." Such a small thing but it DID make me feel better. Someone else offered to pick me up in a carpool headed to an event I had committed to attend. I ran into a store today as the rain started coming down hard. The back hatch in my car popped open. A stranger tracked me down to make me aware that my trunk was getting rain.

It has been a wonderful week receiving kind gestures and I have tried to hand them out as well. Some days my offering may just be letting someone in waiting in traffic. Maybe I let someone with just a few items go ahead of me at the grocery store checkout. It has even been as simple as offering up thoughts of love in prayer form for a stranger lying on a park bench. Your imagination is your treasure chest. Enjoy the week of Random Acts of Kindness!


                                                             

                                                           

No comments:

Post a Comment