Friday, February 1, 2013

Flowers all year long

I love fresh flowers in my living space. What I don't like about them is that some tend to be pricey and seem like such an indulgence for the amount of time you get to enjoy them at their peak. Fortunately, I have a few flowers in the garden that I can count on for most of the year. December is great for Holly berries and poinsettias.  In January and February, Camellias are gorgeous. March and April bring azaleas while I wait for my favorites to bloom -- GARDENIAS! The scent is divine and I'm sorely disappointed when the last flower appears. But not to worry, I have roses, hydrangeas, gerber daisies and wildflowers to perk up my summer surroundings.


Camellias

faux roses sprayed with delicious scent

Hydrangeas from garden add to a bouquet




If I can't get any fresh flowers from the garden, fragrant herbs like basil and mint work wonders as well as beautiful bouquets of greenery. As a fill in for times when I can't get the fresh flowers I want, I find realistic faux botanicals and spray them with a pleasing scent to hold me over until I can return to the real thing! Faux flowers with a subtle hint of sprayed on scent is a nice touch for those colder, darker winter days. xo


purchased sunflowers for added color

wildflowers from garden

No comments:

Post a Comment