Monday, February 4, 2013

On a Whim!

Happy Monday!

Enjoyed a brief trip to Naples for business with my husband and on a "whim" we decided to traverse the state and visit some family in West Palm Beach. The weather was beautiful and we always love being with my husband's sister, her husband and the nieces and nephews who may be in town!  One of our favorite things to do on Saturday in West Palm is visit the Green Market. Vendors set up their tents selling everything from freshly made red velvet donuts to orchids. It is a wonderful world of sights, sounds and scents!  We didn't get the donuts but we did succumb to freshly made smoked fish dip, guacamole and ceviche! I was tempted by the orchids but didn't want to transport them.





  We spent the rest of the afternoon exploring the shops of City Place. We ran into some friends of theirs and visited with them for a while sitting outside of a restaurant. The evening meal was at a local Italian restaurant where we employed some of the Italian wait staff to help us with the correct pronunciation of "my pleasure" in Italian. (As opposed to "you're welcome") I'm quite certain I still don't have it down but it was fun to learn something new!

We made it home in time to be with treasured friends for the Super Bowl. I liked both teams but the "Blind side" story won out and I pulled for the Ravens. It was a great game and I enjoyed it more because it was a GAME!  Beautiful weather, family, friends and football. What's not to like?


The weekend started off a great week. Impressive Monday morning sunrise. Enjoy!
                                            

1 comment: