Sunday, February 17, 2013

Monday Cat!




Truth be told, I actually like Monday. Don't get me wrong, I love the freedom and relaxation of the weekend but I do like a little structure in my day. I know the rhythm of Monday. It is like a mini New Year's resolution (ok, that's a little stretch.) It is similar because I use Monday to set the tone of the week.  I remind myself of the story of the jar that needs to be filled.

Imagine a jar and several rocks, pebbles and a cup of coffee sitting next to it. Your task is to fit all of the  items into the empty jar. The rocks go first and represent the big (important) things in life that need to be first like family, friends, health and God. The pebbles are smaller and represent the many responsibilities and events we face daily like work, community, recreation and goals. The cup of coffee goes last but fills the remaining empty spaces in the jar. It reminds me to make sure I take time to appreciate and enjoy the simple pleasures in life like a cup of coffee. And PS, your rocks, pebbles and liquid may be different than mine. That's the great part, you get to choose. Have a great week.


No comments:

Post a Comment