Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Join the stream!

A week ago I posted about a Secret Santa idea. One of my observations was "I have found that the more I give, the Universe gives back even more." It has not even been a week and the Universe did not disappoint. As a backstory, a few days ago I was in a doctor's office checking out when the woman beside me was explaining to the assistant that her husband was out of work and she needed a little time to make some payments on her bill. It wasn't a large amount that was due that day so I told the assistant  I would like to pay her copay. The woman was completely taken off guard but very grateful. I didn't think about it again until today.






I was Christmas shopping and had decided on an additional item as I was waiting for my gifts to be wrapped. The young woman behind me also wanted the item I had picked out but it was the last one. In a friendly gesture, I insisted that she make the purchase. She thanked me and we both went about our business. As I was leaving the salesperson handed me a $20 bill and said that the young woman wanted me to have it. It was such a powerful reminder to me that I truly do get what I give, usually in a totally unexpected way. That $20 is going back into the stream of compassion to help keep the gift of giving alive and well! JOIN THE STREAM!





No comments:

Post a Comment