Monday, December 10, 2012

The Christmas tree!

I love this time of year. I was especially thankful that Thanksgiving was a week early because it softened the time crunch to start preparing for the Holidays. Back to the tree (it's always about the tree for me.) Our home was built in 1904 so we enjoy some fairly high ceilings. As a result, we have always shopped for a tall tree. The fragrance it gives off is wonderful and I really enjoy the soft, ambient light it offers. In the great light debate (white vs colors), I go with white lights. I keep the decorations simple with red bows, some shiny silver and gold ornaments and photos of our children. The warmth of the space makes it a great spot to just relax during the rush of the season.  I love having a tree with lights so much that I found a little tree that had been returned to the lot. I put it in our family room and in full view from the kitchen. I decorated  it with white lights, angels and maroon bows! I call it our Charlie Brown tree because it is about 4ft tall and was rejected!



"Charlie Brown" tree looking good!




Hope you find some simple pleasure in the preparation. It is the journey I try to enjoy. So far so good! Happy Monday!





No comments:

Post a Comment