Wednesday, December 5, 2012

The butterfly


                    


            "What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly"

                                                                      Richard Bach


I love this quote by Richard Bach. I first came across it when reading his book, Illusions. It always reminds me that I don't have the big picture. With a limited understanding or certain thoughts about an experience, it can be interpreted as a negative event. With an open mind and a dose of optimism, it can be interpreted very differently.  If an infant could tell of the birth process, I'm sure it would be a story of the end of the world. I, like the infant and the caterpillar, do not have the "full story." We are all operating within our own realm of understanding. What we think may be the end of the world could truly be a new beginning.

No comments:

Post a Comment