Sunday, December 2, 2012

No Fuss Hair

Ok, I admit, I'm really dating myself but I remember my mother going to the "beauty parlor" once a week to get her hair done. She would come home with hair that had been washed, styled and set so thoroughly with hair spray that it would be like a helmet! I was always amazed that the "hairdo" would last a week at which time she would go and repeat the ritual.

Here is my confession, and to some, maybe a new idea. When I am going to an event, I will go to my




"beauty salon" and get my hair washed and "round brushed out". Since I have frizzy hair, the stylist will use products to reduce the frizz, a flat iron and some light hair spray after she washes and dries it using a round brush. I work hard to protect my hair from moisture so I wrap it around my head and secure it with a bandana when I shower. This is very effective in keeping my "hairdo" intact for several days. I did have to "train" my hair not to need to be washed so often. Before you insist that you need to wash your hair daily, I will tell you that it only took a few days for my oil glands to adjust. The result is there is absolutely no hair maintenance involved for a few days. It is WONDERFUL, especially if I am  scheduled for several events in a row that I need a good hair day! I do protect my "style" from moisture by wrapping it around my head (acts as a giant roller) and securing it with a bandana. If you have a special event this season and have occasion to get your hair styled, it may be a great time to see how long you can keep the look with just a few maintenance steps. (Protect your hair from moisture and use dry shampoo when needed.)

Day 3




Hair wrapped with bandana


 

Day 7 after using dry shampoo
                                                                                 

No comments:

Post a Comment