Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Gardening


My friend, Tricia, is quite the gardner and we often share clippings and ideas. This year she gave me some seeds from her Monet Marigold stock. I threw a handful next to my tomatoes to encourage bees and,therefore, pollination. I am in Florida so the temperature is still very warm and today I am checking on my beautiful yellow flowers. The flowers are a great burst of color and when cut make a delicate and beautiful arrangement for a small vase. When the flowers brown and dry up, they house the seeds and you can save them and have a new crop next spring! Thanks Tricia!


Delicate flowers


Seeds are the spindly, brown pod on the left
                                                                               


                                                            

No comments:

Post a Comment