Monday, October 29, 2012

Quote for the Day





Quote for the Day

“When learning is needed, the teacher will come.”


I have learned that every interaction and every situation has something to teach me. It may not be a pleasant lesson (and could even be a very painful one) but if I am honest, everything I need for growth is presented to me at the exact right time. Sometimes a difficult concept but in retrospect, I am grateful.


I don't say this lightly because I know that sometimes life gives us tragedy and great sadness. I may not be available to "learn" the lesson immediately but upon reflection, I do learn. Sometimes it is as simple as I cannot control anyone or anything but myself. Controlling myself takes practice at times. I am only responsible for my thoughts and deeds. No one can make me do anything and no one can make me think anything. It's all about me. Can be frightening and freeing at the same time!

No comments:

Post a Comment