Friday, October 26, 2012

Gratitude


Gratitude... what a game changing concept. It never fails that if I'm feeling sorry for myself, down in the dumps or just fearful, reciting a gratitude list is like hitting a "reset" button. One day I challenged myself to do a list of 50 things I was grateful for every day for a week. I admit it was more difficult at first as I was reaching for the "lofty" things. At some point I realized I was extremely grateful for the things most of us take for granted... like running water! After that realization, my gratitude lists are always full. It is fun to make a game of it. Instead of counting sheep  I  start with A and try to get to Z with things that make me thankful. It is so comforting, I am usually asleep halfway through the alphabet.

Challenge yourself to make a gratitude list. If 50 things every day sounds too daunting, start with just one. Whatever suits you. I think you will be grateful you made your lists!

No comments:

Post a Comment