Thursday, November 15, 2012

Do Something you love!

Do Something you love everyday. If that seems too lofty a goal (whatever the reason; time demands, low energy, resources, etc.) now is the time to revisit those limiting beliefs. My oldest daughter, Annie, has really inspired me lately to pursue some different activities by watching how adeptly she fits in a demanding work schedule while making time for what energizes her.

 When someone who doesn't know her asks about my daughter I often lovingly and jokingly say,
" Annie? She could run the country!" Sometimes I don't think I'm far off with that assessment and there is always truth in jest.

She is a third year law student, wife, volunteer, athlete, supportive friend to her peers and a blogger! Visit annelliott.blogspot.com  and you will get a glimpse into what I mean. It is also a great blog if you are looking for decorating or fashion ideas that are classy and affordable as well as recipes and travel tips. Annie is also my biggest cheerleader. I'm convinced that her organizational skills and her commitment to doing something she loves daily keeps her happy, healthy, motivated, compassionate and caring!

Annie Adams Bryan
As we near the "crazy-busy" season, taking care of your needs becomes even more important. If you are feeling low or overwhelmed, even a little act of self care can really lift your spirits. Call a friend, go to a movie, get a pedicure, visit your garden, take a walk. Anything that you enjoy will do the trick! Remember, the world is your playground. Don't miss recess!!


No comments:

Post a Comment