Monday, November 19, 2012

Happiness

The greatest gift you can ever give another person is your own happiness.

Esther Abraham-Hicks




As the holiday gift giving season approaches, and I'm thinking about buying gifts, my thoughts automatically go to what do people really want? I'm not talking about "things" that may give a temporary feeling of what we think is "happiness." I'm pondering the question, what do we as humans REALLY want? It may be a different answer for everyone.  Don't get me wrong, I love to unwrap a gift as much as anyone so this is not a material wish bashing session. 

My first response was, "Happy. I want to be happy." But upon further examination, I think that there may be an even more basic want. I would choose a state of well-being. Well- being breeds happiness for me. I know I cannot give what I don't have so when I am not in the state I desire, it is my responsibility to do something about it. I have noted a few things that help return me to a state of well being. Maybe some will resonate with you.

1. Exercise releases endorphins that make me feel great
                   2. Connecting with someone reminds me we are all in this together
        3. Meditation is a great tool to help put things in perspective

What gift do you really want? What gift will you give yourself this season?









No comments:

Post a Comment