Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Forget about it!

                      Forget it enough to get over it, remember it enough so it doesn't happen again.





This quote caught my eye because it's simplicity is instructive. The old adage, "Forgive and Forget" didn't seem very prudent to me. I got the Forgive part. The Forget half was akin to doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. 

For me, "Forget it enough to get over it" means Forgive. Don't hang onto the slight. If I do, it most likely will bury itself and turn into a resentment. Any resentment does the bearer (me) harm.

"Remember it enough so it doesn't happen again" signals to me that with forgiveness comes responsibility. I am responsible for the choices I make and the situations I accept. I can Forget (Forgive) and Remember (Be Responsible for my self care), both of which keep me happier and healthier! Enjoy your day!



PINK!
                                                                    

No comments:

Post a Comment