Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Visualization

I hear so much about visualization and have actually practiced it with success. The easiest form of visualization for me is through sports. I know exactly my desired outcome and I know how it should look mechanically. Visualization can also be used quite effectively in other areas of your life. But I would take it a step further. It isn't enough for me to just think about or visualize a desired outcome, I put myself into the FEELING of that desired outcome.  For those of you who haven't tried it, it is never too late. Get in a comfortable place with few or no distractions. Take several slow, deep breaths to help you start relaxing. You can also use calm, soothing music to help if you wish. Start to see in your minds eye the desired result. For example, if you would like a festive, positive Thanksgiving celebration picture the event exactly as your perfect experience. Ask yourself, "How would it feel if Susie was able to be there in time for dinner, if Uncle Joe was in a great mood, If Sally and Sam got along?" Whatever would make the situation perfect for you, see it and feel it. Don't hold back. (Even if Uncle Joe has been cranky his whole life.) Then allow yourself to feel all those feelings and positive emotions. Sit with it, see it, feel it.  You will be hearing more about this subject I just wanted to encourage you to start exploring the positive power of your thoughts and feelings!

Look Closely! I wonder what kitty is calmly visualizing?
A great book on the subject of utilizing your feelings to enhance your life is Lynn Grabhorn's, " Excuse Me, Your Life is Waiting. The Astonishing power of positive feelings. "   Entertaining and easy to read. Loved it!




Great gift to yourself or someone else!

No comments:

Post a Comment