Sunday, November 4, 2012

Don't feed the fear!

Boo! I'm not talking about the something creepy scared me fear. I want to explore the fear our thoughts love to create. Being human, we are going to have thoughts. It is estimated that the average person has about 60,000 thoughts a day. Some of those thoughts are bound to be negative.

If I let a fearful or negative thought get comfortable in my space it is like trying to get a relative who was only going to stay with me a few days to make new plans! A negative, fearful thought may come visit but I only have to entertain it for as long as I choose! I can change my thought to a more positive one, even if it is just slightly more positive. The different choice weakens the negative and I am free to choose a better course of action. 

Try this experiment. Notice how many negative thoughts you entertain a day. How many do you want to invite to stay for dinner? If the answer is none, replace the negative thought with a more positive one. Feed the good and watch it grow! You might be surprised at how many negative thoughts are looking for room and board. I know I was!


                                     
                                   The universe is change; our life is what our thoughts make it.

                                                          Marcus Aurelius, Meditations, IV
          

No comments:

Post a Comment